Connect With Us!

Connect With Us!

Sunday, May 11, 2014

My FIRST Mother's Day…Finally!


Someone asked me the other day what I wanted for Mother’s Day and I laughed.  What? LOL!  I bought myself a Mother’s Day present a while ago. And, if there were anything in the world that I wanted right now that I do not already have, it would be one day to sleep in.
This weekend marks my first Mother’s Day.  My first official Mother’s Day with an actual baby in my arms.  My baby Luca!
I have gone through many Mother’s Days as an unofficial mom. Four miscarriages due to a rare blood clotting disease.
But this time, after those four Mother’s Days, I get to be included and my best friends know how much this means to me.



My celebration was not a fancy affair, but it was incredibly special…thanks to my sweet boyfriend.  I didn't get to sleep in.  Or have a day without doing dishes or laundry. I did not get breakfast in bed or the day off.



After all, it’s just Luca and I.
But I get to wake up and pick my baby up out of his crib.
I get to kiss him right where his neck meets his cheeks, which he loves.
I get to cuddle him while he drinks his morning bottle and listens to chakra balancing music.
I get to lay him on the couch, and lean in while he rubs his hands on my face.
I get to pick out his clothes for the day and get him dressed.
I get to put him in his car seat and take him with me to my new favorite restaurant for my first Mother's Day celebration. 
I get to enjoy the compliments all day about how precious he is.
I get to lay on the bed with him while he figures out how to roll over.
I get to run his bath and watch him enjoy the warm water while he sucks on the wash cloth.
I get to rub him down with baby lotion.
I get to find him some soft, comfortable pajamas, and snuggle with him on my lap when he has them on.
I get to wash his bottles and fill them back up so they are ready for the next day.
I get to wash his clothes and make sure they are clean and comfortable for him to wear for the week.
I get to go to bed, knowing that my baby is in the next room sleeping peacefully, and I get to experience all of it again the next day. A day that’s not even Mother’s Day.
I get to do all of that. ME…Finally!




This is what I have been waiting for.  I feel complete.  I feel like I finally found my reason for being here  I am happy, and I am so completely in love that there are days I can’t even handle it.
On Mother’s Day, I will always look back to his birth and remember his first cry.  Touching his face as soon as he was born.  Holding him and looking at that sweet, scrunched up face.  Having our first moments together a lone.  Having our first night together alone. (I didn't sleep the entire night!)
I am so so unbelievably grateful.  So blessed.  So happy.  So complete.  So rich.  So loved.  I mean…how does it ever get any better than this?
Happy Mother’s Day to me!
And Happy Mother’s Day to all of the other moms out there.
The new moms.
The veteran moms.
The pregnant moms.
The adoptive moms.
The moms that experienced loss.
The aunts.
The grandmas.
The sisters.
The nieces.
The cousins.
The guardians.
The godmothers.
The fur moms.
Anyone that experiences that kind of love for someone else…And a special thank you to my Care Surrogacy Mexico Family for making my dreams come true!  I have a beautiful healthy baby boy and a job that I absolutely LOVE!! 
Happy Mother’s Day,
Carmela 

3 comments:

  1. Watching your blog and admiring it! Y I used the services of surrogacy in Ukraine, I can't help but advertise the clinic that helped us choose a surrogate mother - this is the clinic of Professor Feskov in Kharkov. Thanks to this, I now have a son, my own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the blog. Hegde Fertility is the Best Fertility & IVF Center in Hyderabad. A Name you can trust for IVF, IUI, ICSI and Endometriosis Treatment.

    Best Fertility Center in Hyderabad

    IUI cost in Hyderabad

    Surrogacy Cost in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read . I learn new information from your article , you are doing a great job . Keep it up! Regarding surrogacy, I found a Ukrainian law translated into English. I advise anyone interested to read it. https://www.mother-surrogate.com/pdf/surrogate_motherhood_law.pdf

    ReplyDelete