Connect With Us!

Connect With Us!

Monday, May 19, 2014

Your Care Surrogacy Mexico Packing List






The magical time has finally arrived for you to welcome your baby into the world!  But first you need to pack.  I get asked many questions regarding what to bring to Villahermosa, MX and what exactly is available here.

First, let me just begin by telling you I did not have time to pack!  Luca was born 6 weeks early.  I received the phone call while having dinner with friends.  The next day I was on a flight to Mexico.  I didn't even have a baby shower!  All I had with me was a car seat and 3 onesies.  (of course they did not fit him because he was so tiny).  I was not able to bring my stroller because I was traveling a lone and couldn't carry everything.  It was one of the most stressful times of my life but I made the journey to welcome my son.

Luca stayed in the hospital for 3 weeks to get stronger and gain weight.  I had some time to prepare for what I needed.  The downside to this was I had to spend a lot of money.  Think of everything you may need for a newborn and then think of buying it all at once.  That's exactly what I had to do!

If you are like me you will be in a hotel.  I was in a hotel for a month and now I have a house. (Because I am working/living here).  One of the biggest downsides to the hotel was not being able to sterilize bottles in my room.  I would send the bottles with the maid twice a day to be sterilized.  Everyone was eager to help me because I had this tiny baby and I was doing it all a lone.

So here is my packing list for Villahermosa…I am sure I will need to add/edit this in the future.





  1. Carseat…one that has been tried and tested.  The drivers here are crazy!
  2. Stroller
  3. Co-sleeper:  http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.com/babydepot/BABY/Shop-Online-For/Activity/Infant-Sleep-Positioners/By-Your-Side-153-Co-sleeper-Tan-337142465.aspx
  4. Receiving blankets (8) you can line the co-sleeper with them too.
  5. Bodysuits/Onesies.  You can never have too many of these!
  6. Socks
  7. Caps/Hats
  8. Seasonal Outerwear.  It's cold in the A/C but hot/humid outside every day.
  9. Diaper Bag
  10. Bibs
  11. Burp Cloths
  12. Bottles (6) You can always buy more once you get here.
  13. Pacifiers (3)
  14. Bottle Brush
  15. First Aid Kit
  16. Baby Nail Clippers
  17. A small tupperware container for baby formula
  18. Baby Carrie/Wrap
And anything you think you may need you can buy here.  Yes, they have shopping malls, supermarkets, Walmart.  The biggest pain will be sterilizing the bottles…but you have to do it! 

Throw out the plan now.  Trust me it doesn't work!  Your baby will arrive when he/she is ready.  Just have fun with it and take in the moment because trust me, it goes by so fast and they change so quickly from day to day.  

I made this list short because most of you are traveling by plane; some a lone.  With the weight restrictions it's not possible to bring everything.  Set some money a side for when you are here to buy the things you need.  

I did not list diapers or formula because I chose to use what the hospital provided for Luca.  When I learned of his release date I purchased the diapers, wipes, formula, shampoo and creams.  

Buy your formula, diapers, creams, medicines, shampoos at the Ahorro Pharmacy!  It's very inexpensive and they have them all over the city.  Shop at Walmart, Liverpool, and Sanborns to save money on the extras. 

I hope this list helps you and I cannot wait to meet your baby and you in Villahermosa!

2 comments:

  1. The best day of my life was the birth of my son, which happened only thanks to the surrogacy and Feskov clinic in Ukraine. So I wish many people to become happy parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suggest you also check out their YouTube channel, there are a lot of interesting information.

    ReplyDelete