Connect With Us!

Connect With Us!

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Renting a short term apartment in Villahermosa, Mexico City & Merida


When I first came to Villahermosa I thought I would only be here for a few weeks…1 month maximum.  My son; Luca was born 6 weeks early and needed to stay in the NICU for 3 weeks, then MX passed a new law on the requirements for obtaining a birth certificate for babies born via surrogacy/abroad.  This was totally unfair and unfortunately out of my control.
* The requirements were documents from the U.S. and they needed to be translated and certified.


So after one month of living in a hotel with a preemie baby and spending an obscene amount of money every week, I decided it was time to look for an apartment or small house.  I have been very fortunate during my stay here and made incredibly kind friends.  They put in contact with my current landlord who happens to own multiple houses all over Villahermosa.  She offers long and short term leases.  I am happy to share her information with any contracted CARE client.


I am currently renting a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom house that is located on a private street and close to everything.  It's nice to be in a house where I can wash my own laundry and able to cook healthy meals.


There are many options to renting in Villahermosa because Tabasco is an oil rich state.  There are expats living here from other countries working.  You definitely will not have a problem finding something suitable for your family.  I suggest staying some what close to the hotel area though because Angeles Hospital; where you baby will be born, is in the same area.  Centro is too congested.




If you decide to rent a place in MX City (this stage is when you are ready to apply for the baby's passport).  I think it is best to stay in the Polanco area, as this is where the embassies are located.  There are also many hotels, but you never know how things will go on your first embassy visit.  And the point of this post is about saving money.  Hotels in MX City can be expensive.  When I traveled to MX City last July for my egg retrieval I rented a short term apartment for 1 month.  It was in Polanco.
This site is super helpful,
https://www.roomorama.com/short-term-rentals/mexico-city/?utf8=✓&search_origin=refine&order=&destination=mexico-city&algo=&d%5B%5D=&d%5B%5D=3327&number_of_rooms=&price_filter_radio=any&min_price=&max_price=&page=1




I love Merida.  Even if you do not decided to go through the Merida embassy I suggest you visit.  It is so beautiful and the people are very kind.  Merida has tons of options.  I am constantly seeing pop-up advertisements on Facebook and I have a few friends who are also renting in Merida.
*I would like to point out that going through the Merida embassy will delay you exiting MX and obtaining your child's passport.
Check out,
http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/mexico/yucatan-mayan-riviera/yucatan/merida

Peace, Love & CARE,
Carmela

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog has given me that thing which I never expect to get from all over the websites. Nice post guys!

    Short Term Apartment Rentals in Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete