Connect With Us!

Connect With Us!

Friday, September 5, 2014

Hiring a Birthing Photographer in Villahermosa



Just because your little one will be born via surrogate doesn't mean you have to skip out on the trendy things couples who conceive naturally do.

I didn't have time to schedule a photographer for Luca's birth.  In fact, I didn't have time to do anything except get on a plan and fly to Mexico!  For those of you that do not know, my son Luca was born 6 weeks early.  My surrogate's water actually broke.  What can I say?  He was ready.  And that was a good first lesson because you can't always have a plan.  


When Luca was born I did get some great shots…with my iPhone! LOL!  Yes, the iPhone takes quality images and there are fantastic apps out there to enhance them but if I had more time I would have hired a photographer.  

**You must have permission of the doctor who will deliver your baby, the surrogate mother and approval of the hospital before you hire a photographer.  

The c-section was so fast!  Before I knew it the doctor was pulling my baby boy out of my surrogate's womb!  I immediately snapped several shots of Luca's entrance into the world.  I was only able to hold him for 5 minutes and then he had to go on oxygen and into a special incubator in the NICU.  I had to wait 10 days to hold him again!  It was agony for me but I visited him every day.  

I encourage you to think about hiring a photographer for this experience.  This is your baby's story…journey.  Mexico as well as the surrogate will always be a part of his or her life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment