Connect With Us!

Connect With Us!

Monday, September 1, 2014

Can I take my baby swimming while in Villahermosa?

While the weather in Villahermosa is ideal for swimming year round that doesn't mean that it is safe for your new baby.  





Recently an IP (Intended Parent) asked me how soon he should wait to take his baby swimming?

I did not take my son swimming while I was in Mexico.  Yes, he was with me outside at the pool.  I never took him into the water for good reason.  

Firstly, Luca was born 6 weeks premature.  Considering his fragile immune system I was not going to disrupt anything.  His pediatrician advised waiting at least a few months before taking a baby into a swimming pool.  A baby's body temperature can quickly change so the temperature of the water may be too much for them to handle properly.  It is best to wait until your child is at least 3 months old and of course has had his/her necessary shots.  There are also many harmful chemicals in swimming pools and bacteria that are not safe for your precious newborn.  So to be on the safe side, keep the swimming to bath time.