Connect With Us!

Connect With Us!

Monday, September 15, 2014

The Role of the Surrogate Mother



Surrogacy is first and foremost about sacrifice, both for the surrogate and the intended parents. The involved individuals sacrifice physically and emotionally for a common goal; to bring surrogate babies into the world. 


Surrogacy is an emotional whirlwind, for everyone involved.  Arguments happen, feelings get hurt, and things do go wrong.  It is important that everyone looking into this process understands what can happen and how to overcome a bad situation. 


This process is not something that is right for everyone, be they potential surrogate mothers or intended parents.  For many, the emotions involved in this process are simply too overwhelming.  Simply recognizing this fact goes a long way.  Infertility and surrogacy are not easy journeys. 


They are rough and extremely time consuming roads to follow, but the rewards are wonderful.  At the end of the road is a beautiful child that many people have helped into the world. 




Many of you are curious about my relationship with my surrogate mother.  I met her before the egg transfer but had no contact with her during the pregnancy.  I received weekly/bi-weekly updates about the pregnancy and her health from Care Surrogacy Mexico and the doctor.  I was with her in the hospital for the birth of my son, Luca and visited her during her recovery.  We now stay in contact via email. 


She will always have a huge piece of my heart.  Without her I would not have the greatest blessing in my life.  One day when Luca is old enough and is curious about how he came into our hearts and the world I will bring him back to Villahermosa so that he can meet the woman who gave him life.  It's important to me that he knows about all of the people that helped make is journey a possibility.  After all…Villahermosa is where he spent the first 4 1/2 month of his life.  


1 comment:

  1. I am really happy to say it’s an interesting post to read . I learn new information from your article , you are doing a great job . Keep it up! Regarding surrogacy, I found a Ukrainian law translated into English. I advise anyone interested to read it. https://www.mother-surrogate.com/pdf/surrogate_motherhood_law.pdf

    ReplyDelete